Tuesday, January 8, 2013

cranberry sauce

I made this cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving this year and it was tangy with a hint of sweetness. I then had lots of leftovers because we did Thanksgiving by ourselves this year and I am the only one who likes it so I got creative and made a cranberry orange syrup for pancakes after and that was sooooo delicious. I couldn't stop eating it.
 

 
Ingredients:

-12 oz bag of cranberrries fresh
-1/2 C honey
-1 cinnamon stick
-zest of one orange and the juice from it
-1 C water

Directions:

1. Put all ingredients into a pot and simmer over medium heat for 30-45 min and watch to be sure the liquid doesn't run out. Simmer till it is a thick sauce, then let it cool or serve warm. This can easly be frozen and put in the fridge to thaw. It came out just as wonderful after being frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment