Saturday, March 3, 2012

Raw broccoli salad


I just have to say before beginning here that my husband informed me that he no longer wants any "regular" salads, he "only wants the raisin one and the caesar one." So here is our wonderful broccoli salad that is more healthy than others out there.  It is soooo delicious and broccoli is so good for you too.  I got my inspiration on the dressing from the wonderful blog http://healthyeasyrecipes.blogspot.com/  and just added a little mayo because my family is used to it that way but great without too.
Recipe:
2 crowns of broccoli- cut into bite-sized pieces
1 apple cut into bite-sized pieces
hanful of raisins or dries cranberries
1/4 C sunflower seeds
1/2 red onion sliced thin
dressing:
1/4 C olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup (maybe not that much on the syrup-but add 'to taste'
salt and pepper and a little mayo (omit mayo if you do not use this and still great!)
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment