Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wonderful Waffles


These waffles are a favorite around our place. They are light, fluffy, and especially yummy when placed in a deep Belgian waffle maker.  We have been making ours in a professional grade one that flips over to ensure deep pockets. LOVE IT! Anyways, they are as fluffy and tender as the old yucky white ones that have no nutrition. :)


Waffles:

3 C whole wheat flour (I mostly use soft white kernels, but occasionally I use hard white or red)
1 C Barley, quinoa, brown rice, millet, amaranth flour (just use all wheat if you don't grind your own flours) 
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp real salt
2 tsp cinnamon
6 eggs
3 C milk (dairy, non-dairy or water if needed, but will need to adjust flour)
1/2 C butter melted or coconut oil or applesauce

I almost always grind my wheat and barley together and make my "breakfast flour".  Then add all ingredients together and let sit for a min or 2.  It seems to make a bit more and maybe a little fluffier if you seperate the eggs but I never do due to time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment